Published on : 22 March 20192 min reading time
Renting a vehicle in England is highly recommended if you want to visit all the English cities of your choice. Read our tips to find out how.
Which type of rental vehicle to choose for England?
In England, the roads are in very good condition. You can then choose the category of your choice, according to your preferences and your budget. Here is an overview of the categories that we find most frequently:
- Economic: Renault Clio or equivalent.
- SUV: Ford Escape or equivalent.
- Full-size SUV: KIA Sorento or equivalent.
- Cabriolet: Volkswagen Beetle Cabrio or equivalent.
- Hybrid: Kia Optima or equivalent.
- Luxury: Chrysler 300 or equivalent.
How to find a cheap car hire in England?
Be on the lookout for the latest offers. You can set an alert to receive an email or notification to be notified of special offers of the moment.
- Choose your category and define precisely your needs in terms of options to compare prices and find the rental with the best quality / price ratio.
- Choose a rental agency outside an airport for better prices.
- Book in advance and / or prepay your rental.
What is the minimum age required to rent a car in England?
The minimum age for a rental in England is 21 years old. This applies to both the main driver and the additional drivers. Under 25 years, the deposit is generally higher and a daily fee is added in supplement. In addition, you must have at least one year of driving experience.
Is it possible to pay with a debit card?
In England, only credit cards are accepted. Indeed, most rental companies refuse debit cards, capped or prepaid.