You want to move to England and you consider that the best way of transportation in the UK is a car. If you think that buying a vehicle can be expensive, try renting a car in England.
Renting a car in England is something that is being done more and more, since with a simple search on Google can you make appear many companies dedicated to the lease as well as more than 250 000 results.
In this post, we will give you a complete guide with some tips for renting a car in England, some prices and companies of the sector as well as the requested requirements.
Tips for car rental in England
First of all, think that you will need two or three days to adapt to the new car. You can follow the advice we give you in our article on driving in England.
- Do not stay with the first car you see: The offer is really wide, so you will find many different companies, different prices for the same choice and also a wide variety of models. Take your time to search and you will find the best deal for renting a car in England.
- Choose a car that meets your needs: the search will offer you a wide choice of different models, mainly those that are driven in England. At first glance, you may not even recognize the brand, but the important thing is that it must adapt to the type of travel you want to do.
- In high season, use the online rental. Renting a car in England can be expensive because of high demand, especially in high season or rental can be even cheaper.
- The prices at the rental offices are generally higher, besides, you will not have as many choices. Maybe you will have to rent the only car available that will not suit you, or maybe, you will have to look for other companies and waste time because the stock is exhausted.
- If you are driving the car to the airport, be sure to arrive well in advance. The procedures may get longer and you may lose your flight.
- Before taking the car, carefully examine the exterior and interior of the car to ensure the conditions in which it is located. If you see something wrong, such as a blow, a scratch or something abnormal, communicate it and take pictures to avoid false accusations.
- Do not trust all the car rental web comparators. The reason, many of them have partnerships with some companies and they will recommend the most convenient offer for them but not for you.
- Before renting a car in England or any other country, always read the “General Conditions” section, which is usually well hidden and written in very fine print, to take into account any hidden extra charges.