Tips for renting a car in an English speaking country

Are you planning an overseas trip in the near future and thinking about driving to explore new horizons? Driving is a bit like riding a bike, you never forget, but when it comes to renting a car abroad, it's different. There are plenty of things to consider before you go! When you rent a car in another country where they do not speak your language, things become more complicated because they will ask you a lot of papers to guarantee the security of the car rental. In this article you will find out how to rent a car in English speaking countries and the best advice to make your experience less bumpy. What are the papers they will ask you? It is not worth telling you that you must have a minimum driving license in order to rent a car abroad. In the United Kingdom, you will be asked for the "driving license" and in the United States, on the other hand, they will say "driver's permit". No matter where you want to rent a car, you must have a driving license. It would also be good to tell you that while depending on the country, you should be at least 21 years old to legally rent a car and have driven home for a minimum of 3 years. In addition, you will surely have to pay premium insurance in case something happens to the vehicle. In most countries of the world it's mandatory, so it should not shock you. It would be interesting to check, in advance, the different insurances that are offered by the car rental companies, so as not to be surprised by the prices on the day of taking the vehicle. What about mileage and fuel? In the UK, when you rent a car, they often talk about mileage and fuel. In other words, they will ask you how far you will travel and the fuel you will use. Generally, you get the car with the tank full of "petrol" or "gas" as is well known in North America; on the other hand, it is also important to know that it is strongly recommended to refuel before returning the vehicle. In the United Kingdom, when you go rent a car, they often tell you about the mileage and the “CLICK TO TWEET” In some English speaking countries, everything depends on the company where you rent the car; you can rent the car with mileage and fuel included in the price. On the other hand, be prepared to pay a little more, since everything is included in the price. It is therefore interesting to calculate if, economically speaking, this offer is the best option for you. Be careful to know the rules of the road! Renting a vehicle in a foreign country can be a difficult task, not only because of the language (which is not yours!) But if you do not know the country's Highway Code, it's an even more complicated experience. In the UK, people drive with the steering wheel right, a challenge for many people who are not used to it! The official route information for the UK is called "The Highway Code" and you can read it online to become familiar with it before you leave. For example, if you've never gone through a roundabout before, you'll learn how to do it with this book, a practical thing since there is MUCH in the UK. Enjoy the Driving Experience in a foreign country experience could be a daunting experience, but enjoy it to the best. Always be careful to know the rules of this country where you go on a trip to be well prepared and equipped! Remember that in addition to this article, you will find many other interesting articles in the ABA Journal about different cultures and how to behave in countries. If you follow these wonderful advices, you will have a wonderful holiday practicing your English.
How to put your own car up for rent?
The main precautions to take before opting for a private car hire

Plan du site